Isnt it the craziest thing ever done on a Android smartwatch, not even Android smartphone, a developer not only try to installs Windows 7 on a smartwatch having screen size not more than 2 inches and resolution only 280×280 at the time we have UHD diplays of resolution 3840×2160 but he also succeeds in doing the same.
He havent seen Windows on ample number of smartphones and Microsoft has no plans of bringing Windows to smartwatches and developer did it , Wonderful and even it is windows 7 not ancient Windows 95 or 98. Watch the videos in the end to see proof.
Any Advantages of doing so, I dont think there is any advantage except showing it off to the world, which is a great reason to do so. Imagine you are in a public place and how amazed people will be when you show them Windows 7 running on your smartwatch. But dont forget your power-bank ,we will tell you why in a few moments.
You must be very patient to do so, do you think it boots in 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes? No, it takes full 3 hours to boot up. While booting up, the battery will under continuous use at its limits, so keep the charger plugged-in while booting up if charger not available, take help of a power-bank.
Do you too want to run Windows 7 on your Android smartwatch or just want to know how it was done, try the following steps
- Step 0- All things you need are Android Wear device with ADB enabled (Android Debug Bridge is a versatile command line tool that lets you communicate with an emulator instance or connected Android-powered device.) , computer with ADB drivers of your device, adb.zip folder, some knowledge of DOS and ADB commands.
- Step 1- Unzip adb.zip and past the folder to the root of your hard drive.
- Step 2- Launch cmd with the start menu and type: cd.. then press enter, cd.. (enter), cd adb (enter).
- Step 3- Type: adb install Bochs2_5_1.apk (enter)
adb push SDL/sdcard/SDL (enter)
(Wait for some minutes)
- Step 4- Launch Bochs app on your smartwatch and have fun after waiting for 3 hours.
Additional guidelined by the developer are -1. Disable sleep in ‘Developer Options’ and 2. Use ‘Set Orientation’ app to lock the screen orientation.
Windows 7 on Android Wear smartwatch