The world is more more diverse than we think. We travel very often, we love travelling and visiting new places during holidays. Natural or Man-made beauty of those places call us and we could not stop us going there. Language is a thing which changes very frequently with changing people and area. We always face problems just because we dont know how to speak and understand a language. It is bitter fact that if we dont know any regional language we loose our social connections.
We always needed some tools which can do the translation for us and make it easy for us. Today I am going to tell about a tool which can do the job for you. Obviously, its not the heavy dictionary which you carry around and keep finding words. Hope if our best friend, smartphone can do this for us. Yes, you heard it right. Our smartphones can do this for you.
You can translate anything by following input methods
- Typing the text (possible only if have knowledge of basic characters of language).
- Sribbling the text (also possible only if you know basics of language or good at imitating what you see.
- Let your smartphone camera do the job, just capture what you want to translate in your camera. Scanning and translation will be done by your smartphone.
- Use the microphone of your smartphone and let it hear everything said to you in unknown language and rest f task will performed automatically.
Note : Internet is necessary for conversion or you can download offline language packages.
Now Google Translate can do the job for (both iPhone and Android users). There are download links in end for your ease.
Features of Google Translate
• Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Tap to Translate: Copy text in any app and your translation pops up
• Offline: Translate 52 languages when you have no Internet
• Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 29 languages
• Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations in 37 languages
• Conversation Mode: Two-way instant speech translation in 32 languages
• Handwriting: Draw characters instead of using the keyboard in 93 languages
• Phrasebook: Star and save translations for future reference in any language
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
How to translate
- Download and install the app using the links provided in end.
- Find the app in App tray or on home-screen and launch the App.
- Choose the language in which you want to translate at top of your screen.
- You will find 3 icons nearly in mid of the screen- camera, mic and scribble.
- Choose the input methos by clicking on icon or you can simply type on keyboard. Download offline packages for quick access.
- Scan the text using camera or mic of smartphone.
- Translate will do rest for you on its own. Enjoy the converted text in your language.
Where and how to get the app
The app you need to install is Google Translate. Android users can download it by clicking here .