The phone we are waiting for and successor to Moto G3 has launched today in India as an Amazon exclusive device. This time Lenovo has tied up with Amazon instead of Flipkart. They were advertising and hinting launch by quotes like Never miss anything for pointing towards better camera, better battery, better display and great specs.
MOTO G 4 PLUS
The new smartphone is launched in two inbuilt storage variants 16 GB and 32 GB. The 32 GB variant comes with 3 GB RAM and 16 GB with 2 GB RAM. The price of 16 GB variant is Rs 13,499 ( 200 USD) and the price is kept Rs 14,999(225 USD) for 32 GB variant.
Other features of Moto g 4 Plus are
- Turbo fast charging -upto 6 hours of use from 15 minutes of charging
- Battery capacity of 3000mAh
- 16 MP Laser assisted auto-focus primary camera and bigger 1.3µm pixels
- Wide angle lens front 5 MP camera
- Latest Android Marshmallow v6.0.1
- Dedicated micro SD card slot (upto 128 GB support)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 octa core CPU clocked at 1.5 Ghz
- 5.5 inch Full HD display (401ppi) protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Fingerprint sensor on front panel, below the touch screen
- The Phone is really hand considering 5.5 inch screen. Its light-weight and slim.
- Dual-SIM 4G smartphone, slot size if of micro SIM
- Quick Capture, Professional (adjust freely all parameters) and simple both camera interface
- Twist to launch Camera, Pick to silent and flip to go to dont disturb mode
- .. there is a long list of features.
There are few great offerings in this smartphone like fingerprint sensor, turbo charger, screen, processing power and camera.
But, it really lacks quality design. It neither as a cheap lenovo phone nor a excellently built motorola phone. It is just a mix of two. Here are some of major mistakes done in design
- Dropping the Waterproof and dust-proof coating
- Not adding USB type C port, not a big deal
- Battery size could have been of more than 3000 mAh but fast charging is there to handle
- The rear of the phone does not feel premium
- M dimple is not that deep
- Bump holding Camera , laser assist and dual LED flash does not feel premium
But all these little things can be avoided for an excellent camera, specs and functionality. The device will be available in 2 standard colors black and white. There is no bloatware(extra apps) on device , OS is stock Android with necessary additions. Overall built is just okay.
MOTO G 4
The only difference between the two devices is that Moto G 4 will be removing Fingerprint sensor, Laser Focus-assist , 3GB RAM variant from Moto G 4 Plus and lowering the camera size to 13 MP. It is expected to be nearly Rs 1500 cheaper than G 4 Plus, but we recommend you to buy G 4 Plus for those extra features.
These features will make it a great value for money package. It is probably the best phone available there in market for that price. You can ask doubts and give suggestions, comments and ratings in below.